Wednesday 29 October 2008

Chapter 5

It was in the CCD campus of Malleswaram, one of the hot stop spots of Bangalore youth. Rahul and Anjali were there, both fifteen minutes ahead of their scheduled meeting time, indicating both were eagerly looking forward to this meeting. When they came, they were all blushes. Rahul had dressed in his best, a Rajnikant like jacket, over a white T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Anjali was looking drop dead gorgeous in her pink skirt.

Rahul: I got something to tell you.
Anjali: Even I have something to tell you.
Rahul: You tell what you want to tell first.
Anjali: I don't know how to tell you. I don't know how it happened. But it has happened.
Rahul: Yeah, tell me.
Anjali: I have been normal all my life, but never have I felt a thousand worlds merging into one, the flower bloom has never given me more happiness. I think I'm, no, actually, I am in love.

Rahul gave a beaming smile. After all, he had achieved something in life. The love of a girl.

Anjali: I'm in love with Vinay. I had gone to his house the other day to borrow his copy of Morrison and Boyd, when he proposed to me. I had liked him, but when he asked me out, I didn't know what to say, so I just left the place. Now, I just wanted to ask you, if I should go on with this, because it could affect my studies.
Rahul (controlling his tears) : Go on di. It won't harm you unless you distract yourself on purpose. Besides, Vinay is a very nice and worthy guy too.
Anjali: Your the best friend I ever had. Im glad I consulted you. You were the person who introduced me to him, and now its because of you that I'm getting close to him as well.

Saying this, she hugs him, and Rahul lets his tears flow in full. Recalling this memory, he is moved to tears as he sits and types a piece of code in his library computing facility. He leaves for Anjali's birthday for which she has called him. He makes a move from the library, and again dives into a stream of memories..

No comments: